If you’re like most of my clients, having the energy to do what it is you want to accomplish is key. When you don’t feel like you have the energy you want, you may revert to stimulants like coffee or sugar, which may work for a while, but the eventual slump hits and you’re back in the darn loop again. Lacking energy to do the things you want to do in the world and show up in the ways you want to show up is worth looking at the source. What is the truth about your relationship to energy?
I remember one of my mentors explaining a new concept regarding how we look at the levels of energy we have, or have not. He said, “A power plant doesn’t have energy, it generates it!” And the same applies to us! Your relationship to energy is that you have to increase and generate it yourself.
So let’s look at a few areas in your life where you can do things differently in order to generate more energy.
1. Mind & Body:
- Make a morning routine that generates energy for you. Could be 20min stretch and yoga, 20min reading something inspirational, and 20min plan your day in order to deliver a great day.
- Exercise – pick something that enlivens you. Mix it up daily.
- Sleep is just as important – make sure you get 7-9 hours quality sleep.
- Eat well – change up your diet by adding more greens and reducing the amount of sugar you eat.
2. Purpose & Intention:
- Take a moment each day to connect with your intention for the day whether that be leading, being a great mom or dad, or connecting with your legacy. Being mindful of your purpose consistently creates momentum and meaning which gives you energy to face the challenges and the successes along the way.
- When you connect with what you love to do, that generates energy.
- The best way to create energy for and receive energy from your relationships is to be intentional. Stop and take a moment to look the people you care about in the eye and tell them you love them or give them a compliment or encouragement for the day. Think about one act of kindness you could do for that person that would lift them up.
- Notice who gives you energy and who drains it. Create healthy boundaries.
- Look at your surroundings. Does your environment give you energy or does it drain you? Reflect on the things that energize you and see what you could do to adjust your surroundings. Could you adjust the lighting? Bring a plant into your office? Place a water jug on your desk? Go out for walks in nature?
Take a moment right now… shift your mindset to being the Creator of your energy… it doesn’t lie with anyone else but you. Then go through each topic identifying what gives you energy. Now act on it!
Way to go Superstar!
If this resonates with you and you’d like to overcome some of your own barriers to living the life you want, then click here and I’ll make sure we connect. And you know I like to share the love, so if you know someone who could benefit from this article then please share it! Imagine, thought by thought and act by act we are creating a more conscious world.