When good things are happening, I just have to share (ok, when bad things are happening, I tend to do the same!) I am really enjoying the Meditation and Mindfulness Group that I’ve been leading since September 2011. The group was offered for a term but they liked it so much they hired me for the winter and the spring!
When I see some of the wonderful breakthroughs and shifts that these women are making by studying and practicing meditation and mindfulness, I am inspired and full of motivation to create more experiences for you.
So I thought I’d talk to you a bit about meditation, either to inform you or to refresh your memory 🙂 I have also recorded a guided meditation for your listening pleasure.
Meditation is the practice of concentrated focus on the breath, or a sound, a visualization, an object or even awareness itself. Mindfulness is more like a moment to moment awareness in whatever it is you are doing. We usually break down mindfulness into 2 practices, formal and informal.
The formal practice is taking time for sitting meditation or mindful movement practices like walking meditation or yoga or chi gong. Informal practice is a way of life in which we meditate as we do what we do.
Benefits When You Meditate
What I notice in my life, and in the lives of those I know who meditate, is an increased ability to respond to life rather than react. And there are so many more benefits, like:
- The kind of deep, blissful relaxation that melts away stress and leaves you feeling rejuvenated.
- A deeper understanding of people’s feelings and emotions, leading to stronger bonds with your family, friends, co-workers and soulmate.
- Free-flowing inspiration and creativity that helps you solve any challenge and perform better at work or school.
- A profound mind-body connection that empowers you to take charge of your health and instinctively create healthier habits.
- Increased sexual energy and spiritual intimacy with your partner.
- An abundance mindset.
- A deeper sense of self-awareness and an understanding of your unique purpose.
Now doesn’t that grab your attention?! Wouldn’t you like to experience a little more of that in your life?
I thought so, so I’ve recorded a guided meditation just for you. If you have 10 minutes right now, turn up the volume on your computer and click on the link below. I’ve included the instructions to get ready in the recording.[audio:https://ellieballentine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Ellie-Meditation-Recording-May-2012.mp3|titles=Ellie Meditation Recording May 2012]
If you cannot listen now, don’t worry, just come back when you have the time. It’s best to find a comfortable place to sit where you will not be interrupted.